JaS AMD 10.4.8 - Samba broke

Sam0r

6 posts in this topic

Just installed JaS 10.4.8 dvd on my AMD SSE3 box (Asus A8N SLI Deluxe) and samba doesn't seem to work.

It won't connect, I get Error 50. Tried the two patches around here, didn't seem to work.

Also had the exact same problem on my friends pc (AMD SSE2, Asus A8N SLI Premium).

Anyone know of a fix for this?

Other than Samba not working, everything else works perfectly!

I was getting

mount_smbfs: error from NetrShareEnum call: exception = 382312522

in the console.

Managed to fix it with the attached package. Download and rename to .dmg

Just incase anyone else has this problem.

SambaFix_for_10.4.6.pkg.dmg.zip

Just installed JaS 10.4.8 dvd on my AMD SSE3 box (Asus A8N SLI Deluxe) and samba doesn't seem to work.

It won't connect, I get Error 50. Tried the two patches around here, didn't seem to work.

Also had the exact same problem on my friends pc (AMD SSE2, Asus A8N SLI Premium).

Anyone know of a fix for this?

Other than Samba not working, everything else works perfectly!

I was getting

mount_smbfs: error from NetrShareEnum call: exception = 382312522

in the console.

Managed to fix it with the attached package. Download and rename to .dmg

Just incase anyone else has this problem.

This worked for me a week or so ago as well. Bumped to help people. :thumbsup_anim: YARRRRR AHHHAAA!

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. I'm on a Dual Opteron, NForce4 (same chipset as you) I wonder if it's something to do with the NIC builtin to NForce4....

Anyone here have an NForce4 board and can successfully access SMB/Windows shares?

My Hackintosh here at work works flawlessly with Windows shares.

Interestingly, on my AMD rig at home, my Windows machines can access my shares on my Hackintosh but not the other way around. I had to resort to installing and setting up AppleShare on my server to get file access.

holy blahbers!

this works for me also. Didn't at first, cuz the computers i was trying to connect to are attached to a domain controller that was off. Once I turned the domain controller on, it worked.

As for removing grupo, just go to directory access and change ur smb workgroup. then restart.

I dunno why but even though i log in to the share with an account with administrative privileges, it won't let me write, only read. and in the info (command+k), it says I have read and write privileges. maybe because the shares are on an ntfs drive?

let me thank in advance the person who can solve my mystery.