Core 2 Duo System...

3 posts in this topic

Alright here goes.

I built a brand new Core 2 Duo system for christmas, but haven't actually done the whole OS X 86 thing since I got my Macbook, but i'mma give another shot!

I currently have:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz 4Mb L2 Cahce (Conroe) (Overclocked @ 3.1Ghz)

ASUS P5B-E (Sucks i know)

2Gb Dual Channel DDR2-800Mhz CL4 (Overclocked @ 1066Mhz)

NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 640Mb (stock atm)

I have SATA and PATA drives so if i need to patch the sata after installing on pata its not a problem btw.

If for some reason this doesnt work, say for sound (which i use a lot) I would be able to purchase a sound card for under $80ish

Anyway, if that would work, please tell me, and if certain bits won't work at all, please suggest parts that will work that are pretty cheap lol-

thanks

You will have problems in using your 8800. It isn't supported yet. Maybe you can change resolution with Natit but there will be no QE/CI/Q2DE. Other pieces of the configuration seem to work. Sound will work with editing Azalia. Network will eventually work straight out of the box.

Hendrik

sweet, as for the video, the 8800 probably packs enough punch to work fine with most things without lagging (obviously if they NEED CI or QE then they wont work) so that shouldn't be to bad.

The real reason for wanting to do this is I want to use apature and CS3 on the mac, but my macbooks screen is to low res, and the colours arn't perfect on it, but my PC has 2 x 22" Xerox LCDs which I have calibrated to the correct colours and brightness, plus on dual screens, apature would be the bomb. I could also use Parrallels (got it on my macbook) to run XP in the background so for anything I need to do in XP I can do easy enough.

I do have another system here, but its a XPC Shuttle system, with a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ and a GeForce 6600 (AGP 8x) and I haven't tried installing OS X 86 on that yet, might give that a go soon.

I also have an IBM Thinkpad T43 with an ATI Mobilty X300 and a Pentium M 1.8Ghz with 1Gb of ram - I think everything on it should work fine apart from the graphics and built in WIFI as I haven't seen anyone else with a x300 mobile, nor have I checked the wifi vendor/model yet, but i'll have a look for that soon, but if anyone can tell me if the CI/QE will work on the Mobilty X300 then i'll give it a go.