Faster Sata Performance and Recognizing Overclock?

Khid

4 posts in this topic

So now that I have just about everything working, can anyone point me to a guide that will help me get faster performance than my current half-speed compared to Mac Pro X-Benches?

And my overclock is reading at 3.29ghz on my Q6600. It should be at 2.9ghz. How do I fix this?

Ty for help.

Same here too.... but what are your xbench results and which software/kernel are you using?

the q6600 @normal speed with 4gig and a badaxe2 is faster on all the xbench tests accept, CPU / Threading!

CPU: 96

Threading:330

SOFTWARE:

System was a badaxe2 @ normal speeds with 1048 install dvd, with a 1049 manual update to latest netkas kernel. Replaced smbios etc acpi and another acpi kext and ioata to 1048 versions

BIOS SETTINGS:

Speedstep was disabled and fastresume too, all other options NX, hpet etc were on!

I think its a kernel problem or some bios options.... I hope we can figure it out soon...

I can't remember my xBench CPU results or the threading. I'd have to go home and look or post them up. My consistent score was 132 though. I found that I lagged mostly in the Sata II transfer speeds department, outside of the graphics which I don't really care about.

I don't know how to disable speedstep in my bios, not even sure if it's there.

Would love to find out how to get my complete transfer rates. SEems I'm only half as fast as a Quad Core Mac Pro in this area.