API call of GetMacAddress

iongion

9 posts in this topic

I currently tried to install some applications that base their validation on the GetMacAddress call, but instead of returning the real network card mac, the system returns a voodoo value of 0x00000005.

If i change the AppleSMBIOS.kext from Paulikat to the original AppleSMBIOS.kext then the returned MAC is the real one, but then the "About this Mac" window will crash everything.

What is to be done ?

(These applications are the ones that base their serial no/key generation on the MAC address of your computer)

Thx for the quick answer, i dont want to shout , this is how my browser posted, i am really sorry.

I have a Core2Duo E6600 with a P5LD2VM-DH, therefore it is SSE3

10.4.9 with that latest 8.9.1 kernel

What do you recommend me to do?

I finaly managed to solve this issue without AppleSMBIOS.kext.

Just go to :

- irc server: irc.osx86.hu

- channel: #hackintosh

Ask someone to give you an updated IONetworkFamily.kext (with LMHOST/MAYA/DRM fix)

The problem is described here : http://www.semthex.com/index.php?option=co...ticle&id=22

I still think that with an updated AppleSMBIOS.kext one wouldnt need to have a different IONetworkFamily.kext, but who knows.

• 3 years later...
I finaly managed to solve this issue without AppleSMBIOS.kext.

Just go to :

- irc server: irc.osx86.hu

- channel: #hackintosh

Ask someone to give you an updated IONetworkFamily.kext (with LMHOST/MAYA/DRM fix)

The problem is described here : http://www.semthex.com/index.php?option=co...ticle&id=22

I still think that with an updated AppleSMBIOS.kext one wouldnt need to have a different IONetworkFamily.kext, but who knows.

The link is unavaiable... :(