Updating to 10.4.8 or 10.4.9 from 10.4.5

bobthecow

9 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I have my OSx86 installation just the way I want it.

I have wireless, sound, display drivers etc. all working.

However, I am running in 10.4.5, and I really would like to update to 10.4.8 or 10.4.9.

I know that this isn't possible through Software Update (freezes at 50% of Optimization).

I also know that there are full ISOs of 10.4.9 out there.

I don't want to re-download a full ISO, is there another way to update to 10.4.8 or 10.4.9?

Thanks in advance.

If you dont have to update, if your installation works fine like it is, better dont update, it is not nesasery.

Only if you HAVE or M U S T to update for a serious reason, you will use 4.8 inst and 4.9 upd.

If you dont have to update, if your installation works fine like it is, better dont update, it is not nesasery.

Only if you HAVE or M U S T to update for a serious reason, you will use 4.8 inst and 4.9 upd.

I had 10.4.5 for over a year but did a complete fresh install to get 10.4.9 recently. The reason? Now I can run Aperture, CS3 and have a new iSync for newer devices. Parallels also runs with the latest version (with 10.4.5 only v1.0 worked well). As a bonus the system shuts down correctly now. It generally feels a bit "smoother" (but that could be imagination...).

I would say it's not absolutly necessary to have 10.4.9., but it feels more like the "real thing".

Guest Ramm

Strictly to upgrade, you could get the 1046 update, the 1046 => 1047, then the 1047 => 1048, and finally the 1048 => 1049 updates. It would be a lot easier to just download a new one.

Guest Ramm

And of course doing what I suggested above would be a huge waste of time. Just download a fresh full install.

Strictly to upgrade, you could get the 1046 update, the 1046 => 1047, then the 1047 => 1048, and finally the 1048 => 1049 updates. It would be a lot easier to just download a new one.

I don't mind doing that.

Should I just download the combined updates from Apple, and update step-by-step?

Because I thought the updates hang @ 50%, or was that just in Software Update?

Do that we recomend.

We lost already our time "for you, before you", dont waste your time also.

Find the latest relese and install fresh new installation, update NOT with the official update but the update that feets your hardware (intel/amd).

I started my first hackintosh with version 10.4.3, upgraded to 10.4.6, 10.4.7 and 10.4.8, all JAS updates with the old but very good kernel 8.4.1.

I had some trouble with my hackintosh: no sound, display sometimes corrupted (playing movies).

So I downloaded the complete JAS 10.4.8 DVD with the SSE2, SSE3 8.8.1 kernel. Again, I updated my working system, and it's working superb now! I got my sound working (Realtek onboard soundcard) and no display corruption.

Only thing I had to do was reenabling my QE/CI again with the Callisto trick

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...sto+quartz+x800

Just my experience, but a very good one. One tip: make a clone of your working system on a spare harddrive, that's how I work.

The best tool to do this: Clonetool Hatchery !!! Look at: http://nicemac.com/

grtz, AntarcticP

My system: MSI motherboard 845PE chipset, P4 3.06 Ghz hypertreading, onboard sound realtek (Audigy 2 not working), Ati x800xt graphics