Any success with drivers for integrated Geforce 6150 vid?

Rhys28

8 posts in this topic

I'm having some driver problems. My system consists of an Asus M2NPV mobo (nForce 430 MCP w/ integrated GeForce 6150 graphics), AMD 64 x2 3800 (AM2), 1GB DDR2 533, too damn many HDD's, and a D-Link 530TX+ Rev. E (working with Via Rhine drivers) since I couldn't get the onboard Lan working.

I have the logitech wireless keyboard/mouse set with the USB phone stuff that works for audio, so I'm in no rush to get the onboard HDaudio working, however, I would REALLY like to get a graphics driver to work correctly. I've tried MacVidia, Titan, Natit, everything I can find, all lead to a kernel panic on reboot. I've tried automated and manual installs. A manual kextload of MacVidia's nvidia.kext gives me a kernel dependencies error.

I'm at a loss here. If anyone has a method to get vid drivers working, I'd love to know how. If not, if anyone is working on drivers to work with this, I'd be happy to help with testing. I'm no programmer, otherwise I'd do it myself...

TIA!!!

I believe you misunderstood me, I meant that if I was a programmer, I'd write the drivers myself. I'm perfectly happy to test any drivers anyone is working on. I just can't find anymore to test.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same motherboard (M2NPV-VM), and MacVidia works. After you run the installer, you should make sure to remove NVidiaGLDriver and NVidiaGA from /System/Library/Extensions- otherwise you'd get a kernel panic.

Font rendering, however, is quite ugly; I'm still trying to figure out if there's a way to improve this.

• 1 month later...

I have a similar mobo, Abit NF-M2 with geforce 6150 integrated, tried MacVidia 1.0.81 deleting NVidiaGLDriver and NVidiaGA from /System/Library/Extensions before restart like linguini said and worked, i can change the resolution and the frequency but with no CI/QE support.

That´s what system profiler shows in Graphics/Displays:

NVIDIA GeForce 6150:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 6150

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0240

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 85 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Is there a way to activate QE / CI in this GPU? Anybody else figure this out? Thanks.

I'm having some driver problems. My system consists of an Asus M2NPV mobo (nForce 430 MCP w/ integrated GeForce 6150 graphics), AMD 64 x2 3800 (AM2), 1GB DDR2 533, too damn many HDD's, and a D-Link 530TX+ Rev. E (working with Via Rhine drivers) since I couldn't get the onboard Lan working.

I have the logitech wireless keyboard/mouse set with the USB phone stuff that works for audio, so I'm in no rush to get the onboard HDaudio working, however, I would REALLY like to get a graphics driver to work correctly. I've tried MacVidia, Titan, Natit, everything I can find, all lead to a kernel panic on reboot. I've tried automated and manual installs. A manual kextload of MacVidia's nvidia.kext gives me a kernel dependencies error.

I'm at a loss here. If anyone has a method to get vid drivers working, I'd love to know how. If not, if anyone is working on drivers to work with this, I'd be happy to help with testing. I'm no programmer, otherwise I'd do it myself...

TIA!!!

Rhys28, I'm in the same boat. Installed Titan 1.0, Natit 0.1 and 0.2 and nothing worked. I made the linguini's method with the drivers of the macvidia, now i can change resolution but my monitor doesn't detects the specified one . I think the geforce 6150 is the Nvidia's {censored} daughter. :)