Unknown problem with booting osx?!

SteveStar

10 posts in this topic

Ok this is what I did:

-Created a partition with diskpart (primary id=af)

-Edited the chain0 file (C:\chain0="Mac OS x86" and I also tried C:\chain0 = "Mac OS x86")

-Then I booted the 10.4.6 JaS dvd

-I selected the partition and erased it with mac os journaled

-Then I installed and after the install it rebooted

-It hangs on a black screen with a little white block above left in the screen (a block so you can see where the cursor is)

-Then I hit the reset button on my computer and the computer reboots

-Then I get the os selecter of windows and when I choose Mac OS x86 it waits a few seconds and then I get a screen which says something like this: 'A file has been damaged or could not be found, <Windows-root>\system32\hal.dll

And when I reboot again and choose windows xp it boots just fine.

So what have I done wrong???

My specs are:

nforce 4

IDE 80 gb(I bought one because I was sick of trying to install it to a sata hd)

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ venice

btw: I have two harddisks: -Sata with XP (active) and two more partitions (all ntfs)

-IDE with one partition (nfts) and the osx partition (id=af?)

So I have to install both windows xp and osx on my ide hdd instead of xp on my sata drive and osx on my ide drive?

And I searched a bit further, the white block which i was talking about isn't that the problem that the computer won't reboot after installation?

Many thanks

I can't we have a crappy internet connection:(

But do you know the answer to my questions?:o

It must be possible to install it...

So I have to install both windows xp and osx on my ide hdd instead of xp on my sata drive and osx on my ide drive?

And I searched a bit further, the white block which i was talking about isn't that the problem that the computer won't reboot after installation?