Philips SHN2500 Noise-Cancelling Headphones

3 posts in this topic

Well since I'm taking a long trip in a couple of weeks and I'll be sharing the back seat with my brother and sister, While at my local Walmart, i decided to grab the best set of earbuds they had, which happened to be Philips SHN2500 Noise-Cancelling Headphones. After about an hour of testing, I decied to do a quick review of them.

I found that while they do block around "70%" of the ambient noise in a room full of people, the earbuds do it through isolation and light amplification with a dash of analogue noise, rather than an advanced sound replication and muffling technique that requires a AAA battery. The quality though, is worth the letdown in noise cancelling. For $27.84 USD, I beat out my stock iPod earbuds and the "High-Quality" version of them that are available as an accesory. Dont get me wrong, they aren't Bose or Shure quality, but for 28 bucks, they work and will help me drown out Spongebob and Mario in the next seat. I also found that they work really well with the iWow plugin for iTunes, but then again all my headphones and speakers do (excpet the cheap-o stock iPod buds).

My rating: 73/100 for what is being advertised

For the everyday music enjoyer, you'll {censored} your pants. For the music connoisseur, you'll use them when you need to travel light. For the hardcore audiophile, you'll be very disapointed, but then again, the gold-plated plug on your headphones costed 28 bucks alone, not including cleaning supplies.

i bought some of those awhile ago, they worked o.k. But werent really noise cancelling, and the little box just introduced white noise. I always recommend Etymyotic ER-4MP's, they are small, and work freat (but they cost $250), i swear once listening to music with these, i soiled my pants and i can listen to ipod headphones anymore