x1400 mobility

qarews

3 posts in this topic

hi all

i am a complete newbie to mac osx [but i know my way around win and hardware]

i have tried tried to install 10.4.8 on my lap ... after finishing install and reboot .. osx86 is trying to start but it halts after the grey apple color boot screen [sometimes the blue background apears and sometimes the screen remains black]

my config:

toshi a100

core duo T2050

x1400

... i have searched and read all that i could find ... seems x1400 is problematic

is there any chance i could boot my toshi in osx?

is there a safe mode or any way to be able to load or change the x1400 settings [newbie, i told ya']

and i suppose kext's ar smth like drivers in win, right?

hope i posted in the right section :(

• 1 year later...
hi alli am a complete newbie to mac osx [but i know my way around win and hardware]i have tried tried to install 10.4.8 on my lap ... after finishing install and reboot .. osx86 is trying to start but it halts after the grey apple color boot screen [sometimes the blue background apears and sometimes the screen remains black]my config:toshi a100core duo T2050x1400... i have searched and read all that i could find ... seems x1400 is problematicis there any chance i could boot my toshi in osx?is there a safe mode or any way to be able to load or change the x1400 settings [newbie, i told ya']and i suppose kext's ar smth like drivers in win, right?hope i posted in the right section :dev:
hi alli am a complete newbie to mac osx [but i know my way around win and hardware]i have tried tried to install 10.4.8 on my lap ... after finishing install and reboot .. osx86 is trying to start but it halts after the grey apple color boot screen [sometimes the blue background apears and sometimes the screen remains black]my config:toshi a100core duo T2050x1400... i have searched and read all that i could find ... seems x1400 is problematicis there any chance i could boot my toshi in osx?is there a safe mode or any way to be able to load or change the x1400 settings [newbie, i told ya']and i suppose kext's ar smth like drivers in win, right?hope i posted in the right section ;)
well...i have the same laptop as yours.. and i have the iAtkos 1.0, iAtkos 2.0 and leo4allv3. i've been experimenting with them and i managed to make all of them work...not at the same time of course... if you wanna run mac in your tosh, the best version is the leo4allv3 made by eddie....quite impressive actually, because it has all the drivers you need especially the driver for ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 and driver for Intel pro100 ethernet modem. I managed to make it run by just 1 simple installation....unlike the other 2 which gave me a headache! unfortunately....the maximum resolution i got is 1024x768 which is not so good considering that we need 1024x800 resolution...but...that's the best u could get.

• 4 months later...