AMD Athlon XP 512L2

Reppa

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

i'm new in this forum it's my first post, i was downloading the mac osx86 i'm right now at 86 % of the download. but there is a mistake i was in the demonoid comments that this can't run on an AMD processor exactely AMD Athlon XP 512 L2. i wanted so much try Mac Os. NOw i don't know if i can. please i just wanna have confirmation about it can i run the MacOs X 10.4.8 or 10.4.9

Thnx in advance

No way. I had an Athlon XP 3200+ Barton (that's the 512kb L2-cache model) a few months ago that I tried with OS X, no go. It's too old to be effective in performance computing anyway, even if you could run OS X on it (which I'm pretty sure you can't), it wouldn't do the OS justice.

Upgrade to a P4 or Celeron D and have a cheap OS X experience, or stick with AMD X2s/etc and try your luck with compatibility problems. When you're still on SocketA/462 at this time, you're in dire need of an upgrade.

My 2¢.

Thx everyone for the replay. i don't know but can someone replay me if a virtualization is possible MacOSx On win XP

or i'll buy an other pc i think about an AMD Athlon AM2 Socket with SSE SSE2 SSE3

Thx to everyone for the replay