Installation Problem Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2]

WinBlowsXP

9 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I have a problem with actually getting into the Mac OS X86 installation. I burned the image to a DVD-R using Nero and while I am able to "boot" off the DVD to get to the menu where I can select the image to install, I can never get passed the screen after I press enter (lists with all the diagnostic messages, it just freezes) Does anyone know why this is happening? I even tried to install an older version, 10.4.4., but even with that version I had problems, I go to the grey screen with the white Apple logo but a messages appears saying that I need to reset my computer. I've read somewhere that my hard drive and DVD-ROM need to be on the same cable (Primary/Secondary) is that true?

My current configuration:

Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ w/HT Technology (Norwood)

512 MB RAM

120 GB Hard Drive

Motherboard - 865PERL

Pioneer DVR-110 D DVD-ROM

ATI Radeon 9600 XT 128MB

If anyone can help me diagnose my problem, I would really appreciate it, Thanks

Give description of your entire hardware.

Use IDE HDD primary master and dvd slave.

SMART diabled from bios.

If you have a number of PCI cards better use justb basic, you will add it later.

AGP Slot: ATI Radeon 9600XT

PCI Slots (x5): no cards/hardware inserted

DIMM 1: 512 MB RAM

IDE Primary - Master - HDD (main)

- Slave - 2nd HDD

IDE Secondary - Master - Samsung CD-R/RW

- Slave - Pioneer DVR-110D

So I will try and connect the HDD and DVD-Rom on the same IDE cable to see if anything changes...

(just to add what I first posted, the boot stops where it states: "Darwin Kernel Version...;semthex/nebukadnezar/build/obj/release_I386)

OK, tried to configure the drives so both the HDD and DVD-ROM were on the same cable/interface but the problem still exists. Was reading some of the scripts during the boot (after the HFS loading) and found some potential errors? that might be useful?

"USBF:...unable to obtain ownership:0xe00002be"

"USBF:...UIMInitialize - error occurred (0xe00002be)"

"USBF:...unable to initialize UIM"

(by exahausting all options, could it be that there is something wrong with image and not my hardware?)

OK unplugged all USB hardware (wireless network adapter) and all other peripherals atttached and it's the same error. Also, I failed to mention this earlier as I also read this on another thread, another user gets the same message "debugger called <panic>". Hope this can help

Ok, I figure there is something with my hardware which is not allowing my computer get into the actual installation of Mac OS X after booting off the DVD image so I decided to try it on another computer that requires a complete format anyways (due to viruses and spyware) But the same problem still persists. The computer STILL won't get into the actual installation and just stops where it says "Darwin Kernel...nebukadnezar/build/obj/release_I386". Is there something I need to do to the image before I burn it or something? Both computers meet the requirements and are configured to run Mac OS X, but I know I'm missing something (primarily regarding the image itself, not the hardware), since all my hardware is compatible with the various Mac OS X 10.3.x releases...