Mouse Problem!

13 posts in this topic

Some reason my Logitech G7 mouse cursor slows down and speeds up a bit while moving it around. This is pretty annoying, so does anyone know if there is a fix for it? I haven't been able to find any kind of Logitech software--like there is for the PC--so I don't know how to fix it. I am running 10.4.8 with the 8.8.1 kernel. I have been putting off the upgrade to .9 because I can't get the Kernel to update as well, and it took me a ridiculous number of hours to get my rig up and running.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Get SteerMouse or USB Overdrive - Been using SteerMouse successfully with my G5.

SteerMouse feels a bit more polished than USB Overdrive. It at least gives you warnings when something isn't right.

Make sure you uninstall Logitech Control Center before you install either, esp SteerMouse, it can deadlock the system if LCC is installed.

I also have this problem with my G7. Gonna try SteerMouse tomorrow I think. Didn't bother about installing any drivers for the mouse cause it just seemed to work, but when i switch from vista to osx it's easy to see that pointer is moving incredibly inconsistantly

How do you uninstall steermouse? I deleted the program from the applications folder, but it still appears in the control panel so i restored the deleted file.

also, installed USB overdrive and I am still getting a slightly jumpy mouse. What could it be? My g7 runs flawlessly in windows, so i know it's not the mouse itself.