Installation OK, but can't boot at all...

ludodivx

8 posts in this topic

Hi, first of all, please excuse my english :)

I'm posting here because this OSX86 installation is driving me crazy... Tried for about 3 months, with different dvds and couldn't install.

Then, finally, changed my pc and got OSX86 Jas 10.4.8 Patched to install, but after install, reboot problem.

I reboot manually, but after the PCI listing, my OSX won't boot, it stays with a - appearing and disappearing.

If I try booting with the dvd then doing nothing at prompt, I got the line “System config file ‘/com.apple.Boot.plist’ not found”

My S.M.A.R.T is disabled, and I only have an IDE HDD master and a DVD-ROM player slave.

So I really don't get what the problem is.

I even tried to put the hdd into a USB box to plug it in on my Macbook, and the com.apple.boot.plist IS on the harddrive. That's really weird.

And finally (to add the more informations possible), my partition is a primary one.

If someone can help, thanks a lot :thumbsup_anim: Because my macbook really made me want to install OSX on my pc too :)

Thank you for answering... I'm starting now a new install then... But the only thing I did not do is uncheck "most common hardware" and "printers"... For the rest I did exactly the same as your screens :)

I'll try again, maybe... And I get back to you :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again

Ok, just did it. Installed in english, recreated the partition with disc utility, installed only the amd patch, but same problem. After reboot, I get the pci listing as usual, then nothing... The HDD seems to be working but no error message on screen.

If I try booting with the dvd then doing nothing at prompt, I got the line “System config file ‘/com.apple.Boot.plist’ not found”

I had this problem and it turns out (after testing about 5 different SATA drives) that is was the hard drive itself.. OSX would detect it and install on it, but not boot it. After I found a drive it would boot on though, I added the drive it wouldn't boot as a secondary and it worked fine.

Thx,

TVO