Computer Temperatures

13 posts in this topic

Compare your temperatures here

What is your CPU(c2d e6600) Temp? 31 C

What is your GPU( 8800 BFG GTS) Temp? 60 C

What is your motherboard(p5w-dh) Temp? 36 C??!!?

P.S Does anyone know why my p5w-dh temp is 36 C. I have a antec 900 case

CPU (Celeron D 2,66@3,4) 41°C :):star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses:

GPU (GeForce 7600GS) 39°C :star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses:

MOBO (ASRock 775i65) 27°C :star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses:

HDD (Samsung SP 120GB) 31°C :star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses:

RAM (Corsair DDR-400) 43°C :star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses:

AVERAGE IN CASE 25°C :star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses:

ROOM 21°C :star_sunglasses::star_sunglasses:

Compare your temperatures here

What is your CPU(c2d e6600) Temp? 31 C

What is your GPU( 8800 BFG GTS) Temp? 60 C

What is your motherboard(p5w-dh) Temp? 36 C??!!?

P.S Does anyone know why my p5w-dh temp is 36 C. I have a antec 900 case

- are these from the BIOS, or Winreadings? . . . using Temperature Monitor in OS X 10.4.9 with a C2D at 3.2GHz running on a P5WDH, I see SMART temps for the HDDs [34C/33C for a 7200.10/Raptor] & 52C/51C for the C2D cores - this system is all-watercooled including the HDDs & the indicated core temps are something around 20-25C higher than those normally shown in Win32 or the BIOS. HDD temps are very similar to those shown in Win32.

Good news!!

After the californian weather cooled down a bit i'm now getting 27 celcius for cpu and 28 for motherboard

. . . . this might be useful information if we knew whether these figures come from the BIOS, readings from inside Windows, or readings from inside OS X; please clarify.

I get the same temps within windowss using asus probe and various temp prog, same results in bios around(usually colder)
. . . to get non-OS X results that are both meaningful & comparable with what other folks can see, get hold of a decent digital thermometer [to measure the ambient air-temp in the room from nearby where your PC lives] & the Intel Thermal Analysis Tool [aka: "TAT"].

Have a read of this guide

. . what you want to simultaneously measure are the local ambient air-temperature & the temperature reported by TAT after (say) 10 minutes at 100% loading on both cores.

You can then calculate the 'delta' [temp difference, ideally in Centigrade] between ambient & the mean [average] of the two cores.

This delta can be compared to what other folks see - as you will have worked out within seconds of reading this, such a 'delta' is independent of everyone's local weather/season/geography, & is taken at the same 100% loading for the same time period by a tool which reads direct from the internal CPU sensors without motherboard intervention.

It simply measures the efficiency of your cooling [how well your cooling setup moves CPU heat to air heat].

. . . just saying: 'My CPU runs at x degrees' is meaningless - you may be living at the North Pole, or on the Equator, & this temperature may be measured by unspecified means through variably calibrated onboard sensors [motherboard monitoring ICs vary a great deal].

NB: Intel's TAT is for Core Duo CPUs/Windows only.