Complete System restore Disk Possible?

docmac

18 posts in this topic

Thanks for the replys :D

@Oracle67 May I ask what is Ghost?

@Suser Acronis is not for Mac OSX, Is it not windows only? If not where to get it?

Acronis is indeed not for Mac OSX but neither is Ghost. Ghost is a DOS tool. Acronis can be installed on a windows pc and used to create a boot cd which allows you to use the program without having an operating system on the pc.

Find and download Hiren's Boot CD, it is plenty of utilities there-Norton Ghost also.

It is a powerfull utility that can be used even from a single floppy to backUp whatever to whatever.

Try to: save Disc to Image.

This image can be saved on a phisical drive or on DvD.

Guest Ramm

Docmac, you need to control yourself. Be patient, you act like you are the only one here that needs help. Have a little repspect for Microsoft, after all, they really started the Windowed OS revolution. If there was no MS, there would be no OS X.

Windows is the base of all OSx86 operations. You practically need windows to get it to work. Accept it or forget OS X 86.

"...5. Create an image of the root device (not the partitions), so that when you open the image it contains both the WinXP and MacOSX partitions. I called this System.dmg."

Both of the OS on a single leyer DVD+R.....

That would be a world record IMHO

sebus

Guest Ramm

Ahhh I see what you mean docmac. A possibly easier way to do that would be to create an image of your OS X installation, and put it on another partition, then restore onto the new one.

However, you will need an ISO packager to make it bootable. Otherwise, you could do a quick 15 minute installation, and then put the restore DVD in to, well, restore it.

To me, Restore Disk is not an installation Disk.

I would agree with Ramm on this. If you have a successful installation on your HDD, just use that famous BootCD which Oracle mentioned to boot your system, select clone tools, then go to Ghost 8.3 and create an image of your OSX, save it somewhere on HDD or burn a DVD. Later on, if you want to restore your system, just boot with the Famous BootCD, use Ghost to restore the image you saved. You OSX will run again.

There may be a way to Create a Customized Installation DVD, but you still have to install all other things again after your OSX installation.

Think about it, be patient, people here are trying to answer your question... :lol::thumbsup_anim: