no sound with Realtek ALC880

neotigZ

13 posts in this topic

so i have this installed Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso and it works fine except for the sound. when i go to the control panel or whatever its called on mac it dont show up at all. like i dont have one but its intergrated into my mobo its Realtek ALC880 8-channel audio. my mobo is an ecs pa1 mvp. what other info do yall need? just let me know and ill tell ya.

i have another question. when i got it goin and everything it asked if i wanted to update i was wondering if i should update or not? like one of the how tos said something about downloading koolkal kernel pack intel 1048 & 1049 latest and i did but when i went to unzip it it asked for a password. that was in windows when i unziped it or tried to. but which would be a better idea use an update like koolkal or just update it normally

thanks to who ever can help me out!

In response to your kernel question, it is always safer to do a manual installation.

so i should use the koolkal thing? what about the password it asked for? and what about any other updates that come up after that? oh and is there any other update things to look for besides the koolkal thingy? thanks ;)

Problem solved: click Here and chose the installer.

thanks!

Problem solved: click Here and chose the installer.

well i downloaded it unziped it and ran it but it didnt work. was there somthing esle i was suppse to do? it still shows that i have no audio device -_-

well the koolkal update didnt work. i think im doin somthing wrong. the update or realtek didnt work. all im doin is unzipping them and clickin on them and clicking next or whatever. so what am i doin wrong?

Your second question is should or shouldn't update the OS.

The answer is depends on you!

I tried to update the OS from Apple server, then the OS can't launch...

But I use the update files from non-apple server (made by the X86 project),

although it works , but I can't see what's new on it....

yeah i used that koolkal and i didnt notice a difference at all. i dont think it even worked because i ran the update thing and the same updates was still there to download. so unless someone gives me a link to a good update then f it. lol

• 6 months later...