MacBook Pro / XP / DVI to Video Adaptor Problems

DJ Ron Slomowicz

6 posts in this topic

I am a VJ planning to use Numark Cue on the MacBook Pro. Right now, the PC version is stronger than the Mac version so I installed Bootcamp and XP Pro (S Pk 2). Bootcamp is running awesomely well. Numark Cue is running awesomely well.

I hooked up the DVI cable to a monitor on the Mac side - works perfectly.

I hooked up the DVI cable to a monitor on the PC side - works perfectly.

I hooked up the DVI to Video adaptor on the Mac side - works perfectly. Get great signal on a TV.

I hooked up the DVI to Video adaptor on the PC side - {censored}. Black and white signal which is blurred/blocked/and modes across the screen. I tried playing with refresh settings, resolutions, etc on the ATI display panels - but I couldn't figure out how to get ATI to recognize the output as going to NTSC TV and not monitor. Or maybe its a driver issue.

Some more specifics on the system - Macbook Pro, 3GB Memory - and everything else on XP is running smoothly.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much for your help.

Ron

i dont the video output, s-video and composite, work in windows, thats what i have heard, another good place to go and ask and make sure is at apple.com. they have a good discussion forum there, but i dont think video output works in windows....

"Black and white signal which is blurred/blocked/and modes across the screen"

What you describe sounds like a 'pseudo' NTSC 4.43 signal displayed on a native NTSC 3.58 telly. I had the same problem once with a XP laptop hooked up to a mono-standard PAL TV via S-video. NTSC 4.43 is sometimes used on game consoles to make them compatible to multi-standard TV sets but it doesn't really work properly on native NTSC. The weird thing, I could get a good picture in colour with a professional S-video cable which was apparently soldered differently from the consumer ones.

Once again, it was a vanilla laptop but I would suppose TV out on XP behaves basically the same on any hardware. Could it be a DirectX thing perhaps ...?

• 3 months later...