Still waiting for root device

tatsumasadf

4 posts in this topic

i downloaded JaS 10.4.8 AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso burned it to a DVD and booted to it.

it goes through some text the it comes up "Still waiting on root device" and it keeps repeating this line over and over again.

I am running an Intel Celeron 331, ECS P4M800PRO-M 1.0

HOw do i get this to install?

What is your Hard Drive?

Simple steps:

Use an IDE HD set Master and a dvdDrive slave.

Disable SMART from Bios.

Set Boot order (DVD 1st, HD 2nd, etc)

Burn a slow possible speed the ISO for installation.

Put it in your drive and just start.

(dont panic if it goes slow, let it run as long as it is neaded, takes 2 to 10 minutes to pass crash reporter and be at language selection screen)

It is an 775 socket and VIA chipset and doesent gives serious problems on installation.

Try to use the Onboard Graphics for the beginning and it is solutions for Audio (if doesnt work) Realtek ALC655(AC'97 2.3) on this wiki.

After installation and Update with 10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3

your prossesor can be sown like "Intel Core Solo".

Post results.

Good luck.

post-100410-1178530113_thumb.jpg

I using a 80GB IDE drive and a 160GB IDE on one IDE channel and my DVD burner on the other channel. I have Windows XP Pro on a 40GB partition on the 80GB and am going to install OSX on the other 40GB and put the 160GB in FAT32 format so i can tranfer data between the two OS when i Dual boot. my graphics card is a ATi x1600 Pro if that is any use to you and i use on board sound anyway.

But your say if i leave it saying still waiting root device and just leave it to do that for say an hour it'll be fine???

Also that update does it have the kernel update??? and do i have to back up anything before running the update???

the guy above says he has both his HD on 1 IDE channel and the DVD on the other channel. Is that possible. Cause I have 2 IDE channles I have my IDE HD as MASTER and DVD as slave all on the SAME channel. Should I putr them on different channels alike HD on 1 and DVD on 2???