Mac OS X Boot DVD

tysonwil

9 posts in this topic

I have the Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso. I burned it to a DVD+R using Nero express. However when I restart my computer with the disk in it, it will not boot. I go into my BIOS and set it to boot from my CD drive. It still just boots right into Vista.

I am using Easybcd if that's any help....

Thanks

I have the Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso. I burned it to a DVD+R using Nero express. However when I restart my computer with the disk in it, it will not boot. I go into my BIOS and set it to boot from my CD drive. It still just boots right into Vista.

I am using Easybcd if that's any help....

Thanks

well I'll cover the most basic troubleshooting. Did you correctly burn the disk image to the DVD or did you simply burn a disc containing the ISO file? I can't tell you how many times I've seen that done. If you pop that CD into your PC and view it from Windows please tell me it doesn't have 1 file on it called "Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso"

(Post details about your hardware)

Lets take it from the begining, supposed that iso is correct.

Set your boot order from Bios(DVD/HDD/Flopy).

Disable SMART from Bios.

Poot the DVD in the Drive and start.

You sould have (any way) this picture:

post-100410-1178578567_thumb.jpg

When I start to burn with MagicISO I notice that it says the .iso is non-bootable. I just have to burn the .iso directly to the DVD without doing anything special, correct? It also says the DVD I burned earlier is non bootable.

I have configured my BIOS correctly.

I have also attatched my CD/DVD drive info.

Thanks for dealing with this newbie

post-106065-1178583451_thumb.jpg

Ok Thanks,

Now I have Mac OS X installed, but when I try to boot back into Vista using Darwin, Vista says its missing its boot file. Is there any way I can solve this without the Vista install DVD? My computer came pre-installed with it.

Thanks