MACBOOK buy help!

4 posts in this topic

Hello members

I am doing a business merger which will take me away from my home office.

Still, I like to be able to take work(architectural design and office work) home and this most likely every day.

As the other partners in the merger are on PC's I like(need to) to keep some of the windows apps including the arch design prog.

Now; what macbook would I go for? Would I best install Parallels or VMWare to run those apps. Where are the best(cheapest stores) to buy them? Is it in the US?

I am very interested to hear from your experiences.

Many thanks

NT

Now; what macbook would I go for? Would I best install Parallels or VMWare to run those apps. Where are the best(cheapest stores) to buy them? Is it in the US?

Get any one but make sure you have at least 1gb ram for parallels or vmware. I recommend parallels. The best is to buy in the US, through the apple store. Cheaper than europe and elsewhere. If you can get refurbished then you can save even more $$$.

I would recommend the Macbook Pro, because if you are doing the architechural work in 3D, it would help with the extra GPU power. However, if its just software rendering, then the Macbook is perfectly fine. However, make sure you purchase the Mac in either Canada or US. Anywhere else in the world, the conversion rates come out way more expensive.