osx boot problem

Prowler

8 posts in this topic

so I installed osx 10.4.8 jas ss2-ss3 with the 8.81 kernel and my system gets to the grey loading screen and hangs.

I am on a p5w-dh motherboard when I installed I checked off intel, Titan Nvida I have a 7600GT drivers and some common hardware any help would be appreciated

Thanks!

At the Darwin screen press any key to bring up the prompt then type '-v' and press enter.

Sit there and watch for where it hangs, write up a few of the lines before it hangs here, as well as the line it hangs on and someone may be able to help you.

Guest Ramm

He means to use an IDE-based HDD (rather than a SATA or ATA one), and set it to master.

However, I have no idea what he means by a drive slave, since if you only have one HDD you cannot have it set as slave.

Hi folks.....

i have same kind of issue....

well the installation is fine no errors and i have installed same packages as above mentioned.

After booting apple logo appears and after that the screen is white.......nothing happens..

what should i do...

System Specs:

Processor : Intel Orignal 1.8 ghz with sse2

Motherboard :Intel DE865 GBF

RAM : 512MB DDR

Graphics Card : ATI Radeon 9700 PRO (128mb)

Hard Drive : 1xSATA Seagate 200GB , 1xWestren Digtal 10GB.

is there any problem with my hardware let me know.... :(

Use an IDE HDD and set it to master.

Use an IDE(CD/DVD)Drive and set it to slave.

Disable S.M.A.R.T. from Bios.

Thats few simple steps that quaranties no worries, the most of the times, on starting installation.

(SATA doesent mean that you are not able to install, but better dont try that for first time)