Upgrade from .8 to .9

Oracle67

19 posts in this topic

Someone was looking for the easyest way to do that:

instal: Mac Os X [Jas SSE1-SSE2 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso

upgrade:10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3

(intel users only)Only repare permissions required.

You can have all official updates after that.

(dont panic on "kernel panic"...more than one restart required)

Good luck.

post-100410-1178452181_thumb.png

post-100410-1178543106_thumb.png

Hi, sorry if this comes up as total stupidity, I'm a noob.

I have JaS 10.4.8 + 8.8.1 on an P4 2.66 running stable and I want to see if I can upgrade to 10.4.9. Can I just use software update from the apple site and follow your instructions?

Thanks and looking forward to your response (very nice car, by the way)

Hi, sorry if this comes up as total stupidity, I'm a noob.

I have JaS 10.4.8 + 8.8.1 on an P4 2.66 running stable and I want to see if I can upgrade to 10.4.9. Can I just use software update from the apple site and follow your instructions?

Thanks and looking forward to your response (very nice car, by the way)

NO!! It will break your install.......

It will not work you you will have to reinstall everything all over again !!

Thanks for your replies, it's always better to ask a stupid question than to ruin my hackintosh. So, I have to look for this -->10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3, install it and after I do what it says on the first post I will have .9? Or should I just stick with .8? It's running very smooth, but the reason I want to do this is because I can't get Toast 8 to work, so I thought maybe upgrading to .9 will do the trick.

Thanks again for your replies

EDIT: maybe I should have said that my processor is only SSE2.

This update doesent aplly on sse2 , try to locate a simular update for sse2.

Try to get a different copy of Toast it maybe the copy you have with problem or go to:

Aplications> Toast 8 Titanium> Toast Titanium.

Right click and "Get Info"

Chek "Open Using Rosetta" and try to use the aplication again.

Post result.

Thanks for your replies, it's always better to ask a stupid question than to ruin my hackintosh. So, I have to look for this -->10.4.9.Combo.Update.Intel.SSE3, install it and after I do what it says on the first post I will have .9? Or should I just stick with .8? It's running very smooth, but the reason I want to do this is because I can't get Toast 8 to work, so I thought maybe upgrading to .9 will do the trick.

Thanks again for your replies

EDIT: maybe I should have said that my processor is only SSE2.

Toast 8 doesn't work if QE/CI are not enabled

PL

So 10.4.9 is not as stable as 10.4.8 then? because I plan on using my OSX box to do my design work, I'm fed up with windows.

Sorry I haven't tried the rosetta tip Oracle87, work piled up and I haven't been able to boot into OSX, will do it as soon as possible and report back.

Thanks again gang

Ok, I tried to run toast with rosetta with no luck, although I can burn cds and dvds fine. I guess I will wait until I buy my iMac (hopefully they will get introduced at WWDC) to install this program. I will be sticking with 10.4.8, and is amazing how even being a hacked OS is sooo much more stable than my original copy of windows.

Thank you so much for your time and help.

• 3 weeks later...