Problems running installed software

sweatyfish

9 posts in this topic

Hey all, first post

I got 10.4.8 installed just fine and peachy. I then installed several apps. I installed Adobe CS3, Roxio Toast 8, and Disco. They all installed fine.

All of these programs have the same problems. None of them will run. Adobe Suite programs and Disco will give errors when trying to start. And Roxio just does nothing. It will just bouce in the...dock (i guess that's what its called) and go away.

After searching around. I think I might have figured out what is going on. I dont have "Core Image" or "Quartz Extreme" supported on my video card. My video card is ATI X1900GT. I have just went through a bunch of installers I found on this site with no luck.

Ive read one person who got it working with jccool's installer. Right now I am just starting fresh and that is going to be the first thing that I do.

Does anyone else have any input as to why I am having trouble running these programs??? Or have I hit the nail on the head?

Thanks!

BTW:

IDE harddrive

No dual boot(yet)

2gigs ram

Pentium D 830

ATI x1900gt PCIe

Oh, first time using OS X. It feels so....clean. (Longtime user of Windows)

it isn't so, it's just that regarding your case, i've not experienced it before and it's pretty beyond me to help. =)

somewhat, maybe the pros are not online at the moment right now, so you don't get much help.

• 2 months later...
BTW, sweatyfish, how did you get your ATI working? by installing standard package like Natit?

I have the same problem but none of kext will enable QE/CI of my 1950pro, do am I doomed to burn under Win only?

Toast 7 works fine without QE and there is a patch to make it a intel app.

Toast 7 works fine without QE and there is a patch to make it a intel app.

That's not true (for 99% of the people). Toast does indeed require QE/CI, I don't know how you got it running without it.