Windows & OSX clock out of sync

dsc106

6 posts in this topic

I am dual booting JaS OSX 10.4.8 and Windows. I notice that while OS X sets the time correctly, when I go into windows I am off about 16 hours. If I adjust the time in windows, I come back to OSX and the time is now 16 hours off... and so on.

Why is this, and how can I fix this problem so that my clocks stay correct in both OS's?

- Set the correct time in Windows

- Reboot into OS X and unplug the ethernet cable

- Turn off internet time in the date/time control panel (You can now plug the ethernet cable back in)

- Without changing the hours, simply choose a different time zone until it displays the correct time (for me it was Iceland)

NO! That method didnt work for me at all and it COMPLETELY messed up time in Vista, several people have also said that it jacked up time by randomly changing it to something every hour (which happenned to me). Dont mess with windows registry, all you have to do is turn off internet time in OS X and set the timezone until you have the right time, it doesnt hurt anything and you dont have to risk screwing your registry, its also the easiest to reverse if you ever want it back to normal.

NO! That method didnt work for me at all and it COMPLETELY messed up time in Vista, several people have also said that it jacked up time by randomly changing it to something every hour (which happenned to me). Dont mess with windows registry, all you have to do is turn off internet time in OS X and set the timezone until you have the right time, it doesnt hurt anything and you dont have to risk screwing your registry, its also the easiest to reverse if you ever want it back to normal.

I didn't see an option for internet time; where is this? All I saw was an option to check or uncheck "automatically update time" which I guessed was net time? Well, I did that, and as soon as I uncheck it my time is osx turned correct, but when I went back to Windows it was still messed up... I changed it in windows and went back to OS X and then OS X was off again. Still.

Is there a different button? If so where's it at?

You didnt unplug the ethernet before booting into OS X. It updates everytime you boot, which changes the time on the motherboard which then changes the time for Windows. Set the correct time in windows first then set only the TIMEZONE in OS X until the time appears correctly (correct time for most people should be around London timezone since its +0 hours). Changing the timezone in OS X does not change the motherboard clock, so your Windows clock will remain unchanged. You must not be connected to the internet until you uncheck automatic time or else youll have to boot back into Windows and change the time again.