Opinion: Best Motherboard to boot up HD from Older Motherboard?

retroz

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone have an opinion on what the best motherboard would be with an existing HD that has 10.4.8 and NATIT 1.0 with 7600GS installed?

I don't see many intel boards listed. Doesn't have to be an intel board, just need to know what chipset to look for that is the closest to my old D945GTP motherboard which uses the 945G chipset.

As I mentioned in another thread I think the board is toast. I can RMA it, but I need a working PC/MAC at all times and this would put me down for a while.

Advice?

Thanks!

Not sure, but I run a D945GTP, and am thinking of getting an ASRock ConRoe945G-DVI LGA 775 Intel 945G Micro ATX, which can be had for $74 at newegg, as they are back in stock. It seems to have very good compat from the wiki and forum, and I want to go to Core2D. This board looks very similar to the Intel D945 series.

The motherboard has nothing to do with OS X. What matters is the onboard ethernet and sound. All you have to do is reverse what you did to get ethernet and sound working then follow the instructions for how to get it working on the new motherboard.