Compatible Core 2 Duo Mobo suggestion please

4 posts in this topic

I stepped out of this modding for quite a few months now and no longer am up to speed on what is compatible anymore. I am looking for a motherboard suggestion that will work for the most part without any patching. I plan on using a Core 2 Duo, 2 SATA drives, a video card and an optical drive. I think the Intel D975XBX2 would fit nicely but was looking to see if there was anything even cheaper that would also be as compatible. Overclocking would be nice but not neccessary. And yes, I do know about osx86project.org but it is hard to tell from there as sometimes people put down incorrect information and others do not keep it up to date. Thank you.

i think asus p5ld2-vm is very compatible mb for osx

check genius bar about installation of osx on this board..i think mostly everythg is working now..the latest one is hd audio with full support..search!!!

i think asus p5ld2-vm is very compatible mb for osx

check genius bar about installation of osx on this board..i think mostly everythg is working now..the latest one is hd audio with full support..search!!!

Yes, it is indeed good. GMA 950 works well with osx and an add2 card gets you a second (spanning) display. I've seen an open box version at new egg for $59. Couple that with a E6400 ($188) and you have a real good set up with video for $247.

I think the best would be the Intel 975bx2 is on sale for $199, Video card 7600GT $100 and a E6400 ($188) total $487