lost windows boot option

nsomnius

3 posts in this topic

I've installed 10.4.8 AMD/Intel SSE2 SSE3 prepatched ppf1,ppf2 successfully and run it for a couple days, my first ihack and loving it. Opteron 175, 2GB RAM,1 Sata HD with windows primary,OS X primary via Acronis(broken),extra FAT32 partition. I finally gave up on partitions and threw in a separate IDE HD, set BIOS to boot it first and bingo. My problem is I no longer see a trace of Acronis boot loader and am no longer able to boot windows. F8 gets me bios boot options for both SATA and IDE, choose SATA and get Darwin and subsequent failiure to boot citing APIC panic. Choose IDE drive and boots cheerfully into OSX (runs beautifully in fact!)

I suspect the botched 2nd primary partition on the SATA is the culprit. Any ideas how to get back a viable dual boot setup?

Thanks everyone!

- edit - I erased the record of the extra partitions on the XP SATA drive and still the same - no windows boot.

My problem is I no longer see a trace of Acronis boot loader and am no longer able to boot windows.

This is pretty much where I am at. Can't boot into XP. Acronis boot loader gone. Difference is I installed OSX on a partition next to XP. OSX will not see XP unless I manually mount it, though it can see other NTFS partitions (both SATA and IDE) automatically.

Setting the XP partition to active gives me a blinking underscore, then nothing happens. The same if I try to boot XP through Darwin (which do see XP) Could the repair option in XP:s setup do something here?

You didn't happen to find a solution?