mouse and scrolling problems

aRnonymous

8 posts in this topic

well i installed OS X yesterday, jas 10.4.8

all works wel so far except that when i scroll in pages, menus whatever then it won't really scroll the whole page but only the bottom part, and only after i minimize and reopen the window ill be able to see the page im actually looking at.

also when i drag a window it will also not show it's contents well until i minimize and open again.

and the weirdest when i scroll or drag fast, with fast movements then it usually works better.

i tried smooth scrolling on/off...

i hope what i said was understood.

im using a usb mouse, but that shouldn't be the problem,

and using an old geforce1 256 DDR with 32MB, haven't changed it's drivers, mainly because i don't know which drivers to use, all the info about agp geforces is for newer generation.

but do you think that the video drivers are the issue?

Yup, it's time to upgrade, bro. No use trying to get that rustly old pup to work.

If you're looking for a economic solution, I would recommend you get an NVidia Geforce 6200FX or better. I found one for 39.- Euros.

Cheers,

hecker

Also had that problem. Removing GeForce.kext fixed it.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=48459

I did not remove NVDANVxxHAL.kext, only GeForce.kext. Also I didn't delete it, just moved it from the folder it was in.

ok i tried different titan and natit drivers and nothing seemed to work.

it was just as simple as you said delete those files

i actually deleted(moved) the NVDANVxxHAL.kext as well, didn't seem to give a bad effect.

until i can get a better GFX card , i guess this is a good solution

So thanks.

now just to get wifi going...