installing os x

unixman84

10 posts in this topic

I have an asus p5n-e sli, i run the dead moo on my computer but i cannot seem to start the installation from my jas ISO, or tubgirl while using vmware 5.5. any suggestions

-Mobo: P5N-E SLI

-CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo

-VidCrd: BFG geforce 7600 GT 256MB

anything would help, i would like to know where to take things from here.

Neaded staff:

1. Mac OS X 10.4.(1-8) Install DVD (on a DVD+R or -R NO RW!)

2. A PC with a compatible DVD drive (to install OS X)

3. First of all be sure that OSX can run on your computer before attempting anything like a dual boot.

How to:

1. Get a prepatched OSX install image (look at torrent sites for that).

2. Burn the image to an empty dvd recordable on slow speed(+R or –R NO RW!).

Use your favorite burn program for this (Nero, Alcohol 120%, MagicISO, PowerISO e.t.c).

Dont procced at the next step until you backup all important data on your computer.

3. Insert the OSX install disk and reboot your computer.

4. Boot the DVD, when the grey Apple stops spinning, select Language for the installation.

5. On the top of the screen, click "Utilities" and then click "Disk Utility".

6. Disk Utility starts. Select your Hard Disk. Chose "erase" tab and set the Volume Format to "Mac OS extended (journaled)" and erase it.

7. Wait until the process finishes and then close Disk Utility.

8. Follow the installation steps on your screen, select the HD with the partition you made in step 6 and choose "Customize".

In the "Customize" window, select either the Intel or AMD. Choose more packages if they fit in your hardware.

9. After finishing the installation, wait for the computer to reboot, remove the install disk and enjoy your Intel/AMD-Mac Os X (x86) installation.

Good luck.

post-100410-1178268321_thumb.jpg

Hey everybody, I don't speak English so good, so if I got some faults, please sorry me.

Well, my problem is:

I'm now installing Hackintosh OSX 10.4.8 in my PC, I'm on my laptop, as well, my PC installed OSX86 so good, but, it's... trying reboot? My PC's, are in the end of Mac installator, but I clicked on the "Reboot" button, and the image of spinning is now spinning, 5 minutes ago, it's spinning too.... It's 15 minutes spinning!!! I downloaded my torrent via ThePi****Bay.com, and I'm bored now, trying to have my Macintosh operative... my PC specs are these:

-Mainboard: MSI K8MM3, (VIA K8M800 chipset)

-Processor: AMD Sempron 3000+ x64bits (SSE2, SSE3, Core Venice)

-RAM Module: Kingston DDR 512MB RAM

-HardDisk Drives: WesternDigital Caviar SE 320GB (ide0, Windows Vista Ultimate, Ubuntu Ultimate 1.3 and data storage disk)

Seagate Barracuda 40GB (ide1, OSX86)

-Optical Drives: LG DVD+R/-R/DL Writer, no-LightScribe

LITE-ON CD Writer

-Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9550SE (in Darwin appears Radeon 9600 PRO)

-Network Card: Integrated VIA Rhine II

-Sound Card: Integrated VIA Vinyl

-Printer: EPSON Stylus DX4250 via-USB

-Some peripherics: FirstLine USB Hub.

COMPAQ 7500 17" (monitor VGA)

Soyntec Weboard PRO White (keyboard and mouse, PS/2)

harman kardon Speakers

ZyXEL Prestige 660HW

NAMTAI Eye-Toy (disconnected)

Seagate Barracuda 160GB HDD USB (inBox)

Conceptronic C54Ri Wi-Fi card

I have too a LAN with Windows PC's (my girlfriend's one, this laptop, another PC (testing), and Hackintosh one). I selected for install all AMD-relationed components of Mac Installator, I'm bored. I want to taste Safari, and some Apple software, like iTunes, iDVD, iMovie. I tested Mac on PearPC (I boughted an Panther Family pack, only 13€ on eBay), but it's too slow. Please help me!!!

DKC

Use the OnBoard Graphics to install.

Chose ONLY the basic packages on installer no any other support exept the very basic one.

Problem, OnBoard Graphic, (VIA) sometimes, don't want to power on, I think it's burned...

I only installed, AMD enabler, AMD SSE3, and the First one (I don't remember what's)

My 17" monitor is in stand-by mode when I release it from AGP's and install it on OnBoard.

EDIT: I need to release AGP card for use OnBoard???

Ok Oracle, I'm downloading the PPF1, PPF2 iso via-UTorrent, in my Vista PC (spinning mac...) I'm too looking at VGA config on my girlfriend's computer (the same mainboard is a good thing, hehe), I only see a option, VGA or PCI.... I haven't got a PCI graphical card, so I selected VGA, I'm now looking for any option like "Disable AGP" or "Select graphic out"....

PD: My mainboard is an MSI K8MM3, VIA K8M800 chipset... I preffer American Megatrends BIOS... but I have this, I can't change it now... properly..

EDIT: THNX Oracle67, I think I've got a bad release of JaS DVD.