Working Solution for my SATA Drives not seen with ICH7M (Notebook)

Jingu

4 posts in this topic

I have an Acer Aspire notebook with SATA drives on ICH7M. I used the Jas 10.4.8 Intel Amd SSE2 SSE3 PPF1 PPF2 install DVD.

For over 2 days, I could not get OSX86 to see my SATA drives. Unfortunately, in my BIOS I cannot change any SATA, IDE or AHCI settings (notebook). I have to put my SATA drive in a USB enclosure and install to that USB enclosure.

I looked for the folder AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext and found it under System/Library/Extensions/IOATAFamily.kext/PlugIns.

My ICH7 ATA Controller Device id is 27DF and is already included in the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

Now, my ICH7M Serial ATA Device id is 27C6 and I have been trying to add 0x27c68086 in the ICH7-M Serial ATA Controller section of that same info.plist. No success at all.

Then, I saw online a detailed System Profiler printout for a real Intel Macbook Pro Notebook. I noticed that the SATA drive is recognized as Intel ICH7-M AHCI under Serial-ATA Device Tree.

That was the breakthrough!! That gave me the idea to put my ICH7M SATA Device id in /Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/info.plist instead. In that info.plist, there is already an ICH7MAHCI section with the device id 0x27c58086. All I did was add next to it my device id 0x27c68086. Then, I deleted Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext, rebooted and Bingo!!! My SATA drives are seen by OSX86.

Guys, that seems to be the solution for people with SATA Drives on ICH7M. First, make sure your ICH7 ATA Device id is in IOATAFamily.kext/Plugins/AppleIntelPXIIATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist in the ICH7 ATA Section. Then, add your ICH7M SATA Device id in Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist in the ICH7MAHCI section. Delete Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext, reboot and your SATA drive should be seen.

Now, the big questions is: how can I include that newly added device id in the install DVD so that my SATA Drives can be seen at OSX86 install as well? Right now, I have to put my SATA drive in a USB enclosure, install OSX86, add my device id, then re-install the SATA drive in the notebook.

So, where in the install DVD would I go about adding that new device id or changing 0x27c58086 to 0x27c68086? Install DVD is JaS 10.4.8 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3 PPF1 PPF2.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Is it work for SATA Optical drive?since my optical drive did not detected on OSX86 but my HD detected perfectly :P

My notebook use ICH7-M as south bridge and connect my Seagate 80Gb and SlimType DVD-CDRW trough SATA interface.

Thanx and waiting for your information

• 3 months later...