OS X quite slow

adowoMAC

7 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

my OS X seems to be a bit slow. In XBench I get 90 Points and everything seems to be okay.

When I have Firefox open with insanelymac.com and I scroll, it is slow, no smooth scrolling. When I open an application, the animation in the dock is not smooth. Everything works fine but it seems to be a bit slow. The same problem when I watch video - sound and image are not synchronous and the video does not run smooth.

My configuration:

10.4.9 on Celeron D 2,66@3,2, 1024MB Ram, IDE HDD, Geforce 7600 with AGP/QE/CI (256MB), Intel 865g Chipset.

Thanks in advance, Hendrik

I´ve got QE/CI with Titan.kext.

In comparism to the results on http://db.xbench.com/ I*ve got very bad results in the User Interface Test. My Score is only 60Pts. Other Systems with comparable configuration get more than 150Pts. My OpenGL and Quartz Tests are okay.

This may not really be an alternative but you could try installing a different distro. I suddenly got twice as much FPSs after switching from Jas to tubgirl's release. Apparently tubgirl's release is better for AMD based PCs and Jas's is more Intel friendly.

Cheers,

hecker