HP compaq NC8430 problems with installation

Sc00byy

2 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I tried to install OSX from the following DVD : Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso

The problem is, my laptop crashed very often when attempting to boot the dvd. I tried to update the bios, remove VT flag (improve stability), remove one cpu (improve more stability), but in final the best I can go is partitioning my drive.

When trying to partition my drive I'm just unable to format my partition. I got message like "No permission" when I tried with GUI. I also tried in command line and got different behavior. It seems to work but when I do diskutil list then my partition is still unchanged.

My questions are :

Is there a problem with diskutil on this version ?

Is anyone being able to actually install OS X on a nc8430 with some sort of stability using both cpu with vt flag enable ?

Before someone ask I did search the forum before asking.

Thanks for your help

Note: This laptop is using a SATA drive. Nothing interesting has been found in wiki. Only an old 10.4.6 HCL entry.

http://wiki.insanelymac.com/wiki/index.php...P_Compaq_nc8430

Is anyone being able to actually install OS X on a nc8430 with some sort of stability using both cpu with vt flag enable ?

I wouldn't mind trying to keep all NC8430 questions in a single thread (or at least have a place for us to talk about these experiences... Do you mind keeping this one active Thread over NC8430 ?

Thanks,

TVO