IDE to SATA adapter for GA-965P-DS3 build

5 posts in this topic

I've been digging through the information for this motherboard and am planning on using it in my new OSx86 build. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a IDE to SATA adapter for my DVD-RW. I've seen a few different ones suggested, but I'd hate do order the wrong one. Or if there is a better one than is listed in the threads, obviously, I'd like to know that as well.

Thanks a ton!

I am using a Intel DP965LT board and actually had to connect my internal IDE DVD Burner to my USB Hard Drive enclosure kit.

I got sick of the IDE cable comming out of the front of my case to the Hard Drive Enclosure sitting on top of my tower, and then using a USB cable to connect the DVD Burner. Also, with this setup, my Hackintosh wouldn't play DVD movies from my DVD Burner. DVD Player would whine about an invalid DVD Drive.

I did a little looking around and found an IDE to SATA Adapter at CompUSA (SKU 33990). They were 30 bucks each and bought two. I came home last night and hooked one up to the DVD Burner and moved it to the SATA #1 port. I turned the Hackintosh back and on there was the DVD Burner in the System Profile, and on top of it, DVD Player plays my movies now!

The only problem I have is that my Hackintosh only sees two of the four SATA devices I have in my PC. It won't see the devices on SATA #2 or SATA #3 ports. Hopefully I find the answer to that this morning.