OSx86 on laptop

iBot

3 posts in this topic

Well from the title you probably expect that I haven't even read a few topics in this section. I have though. A friend of mine, suggested coming to ask my question here. I was wondering what I could do for a Windows '98 computer that doesn't have a DVD-R drive. ((Something like that)). I was hoping that someone could tell me what my possibilities were for transporting it over from my home computer to the laptop. Thank you much if you help me, I appreciate any attempts at helping me.

On a laptop, maybe, on a Windows 98 laptop, probably not.

Mac OSX requires 256 Ram, 4 gb of HD space (to run well) and a DVD drive.

I think you're out of luck on that laptop.

Besides, if you could finally get it going on a meager Windows 98 Based computer, it would be unusable in speed. Not to mention driver issues with older hardware....

It wouldnt be worth pursuing.

On a real mac it's possible to restore the osx image file to a partition, boot from it and then install. On a hacktinosh it might be possible if you restore the image to an external firewire harddrive. Boot from that if the system supports it and install on the internal harddrive.

But a system that is running Windows98 probably won't be able to handle OSX 10.4.x since the OS needs a SSE2/SSE3 compatible CPU, which is a Pentium4 or higher.