Via Audio - Left Channel only Issue

2 posts in this topic

Keywords:

AC97

VIA Vinyl 8237

Via Audio

P4M800Pro

Ok - so I've read a lot of posts here with people saying that they have audio on their board but only the left channel. You might also notice that it is somewhat distorted. I am bit new to the mac, but I'm not new to unix, windows, or PC hardware (15-20 years experience using, building, and programing all of the above).

My board is an HA P4M800Pro ML. It's a VIA chipset and the best I can get on the audio is that it's a via vinyl maybe the 8237 - but that isn't clear.

Running JAS 10.4.8 on a Celeron D (sse3) 2.6ghz - 1.5gb ram.

Extensions loaded. In the system profile-> Extensions, I've got both AppleAC97Audio and AppleAC97AudioVIA loaded (did this automatically). But when I look at the ...AudioVIA extension, it says :

"Dependency Errors:

com.apple.driver.AppleAC97Audio: No valid version of this dependency can be found"

Please note again - version 1.0.0 of AppleAC97Audio is running, and with no known errors.

Hardware->Audio (Built In) shows no built-in audio BUT audio DOES play, out of the left channel.

That's the best I can do here.. Has anyone fixed this issue with VIA onboard audio? Thank you for your replies,

Rob RedBeard

Ok - so I've read a lot of posts here with people saying that they have audio on their board but only the left channel.

My board is an HA P4M800Pro ML. It's a VIA chipset and the best I can get on the audio is that it's a via vinyl maybe the 8237 - but that isn't clear.

Running JAS 10.4.8 on a Celeron D (sse3) 2.6ghz - 1.5gb ram.

Hardware->Audio (Built In) shows no built-in audio BUT audio DOES play, out of the left channel.

That's the best I can do here.. Has anyone fixed this issue with VIA onboard audio? Thank you for your replies,

2 things.

1. The Audio out must be set as 48000, it defaults to 44100 causing distorted audio. Goto Applications -> Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup and change the Audio output frequency to 48000

2. You need a patched driver for getting stereo output. The driver is available here! and follow the instructions in that thread

Cheers