Leopard security features

tadunne

3 posts in this topic

In wikipedia article for leopard is says:

"Leopard's security frameworks support Mandatory Access Control, sandboxes and code signing."

When you follow the Mandatory Access Control article is says this about the leopard implementation:

"Apple Computer has announced to include Mandatory Access Control in their upcoming version "10.5 Leopard" of Mac OS X, though the announcement seems to have been removed from the Leopard Technology Overview page."

Does anytime know if leopard still has this feature? it would be nice to have as it would help stop exploits like the one that won someone $10,000 in that hacking contest!

On a further note I've heard that the leopard filewall now had application level support. When the firewall is turned on and an application that requires inbound traffic is started leopard gives you the option to allow traffic to that application, cool!

On a further note I've heard that the leopard filewall now had application level support. When the firewall is turned on and an application that requires inbound traffic is started leopard gives you the option to allow traffic to that application, cool!

That is good - but what about outbound traffic? Then I would have something to replace my Little Snitch demo... :thumbsup_anim: