anyone have luck installing natively on 648fx chipset?

modman860

2 posts in this topic

so i tried many times in the past to get it working but always got the waiting for root device or whatever error. after doing some research i found a page on here where the guy bikerdude created his on appleviaata file that is supposed to support some SIS chipsets. If anyone here can verify they got their os x installed natively on a 648fx chipset motherboard (especially the asus p4s800 motherboard) i'd like to hear about it. If you had to create a custom kext file to get it to work, I'd like to have that file! i'm feeling optimistic about this with all the advancements made since i last attempted this. i plan on doing a vmware install directly to a hardrive as one of the guides explain, then manually dropping in an edited kext file and then try to boot up. I also found a torrent for the file "JaS OSx86 10.4.6 PPF1 Patch" that supposedly adds support to more motherboards, can anyone confirm if this patch will support 648fx chipset? any advice will be greatly appreciated!

installed os x on a hardrive like the guides told me to do, then when i start it up i get a b0 error. after searching google, http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/B0_error tells me to bootup from the cd then let the installer time out, well then it gets farther but ends up crashing with a "you need to restart your computer" screen. HELP PLEASE