Drivers needed

Lightz

7 posts in this topic

Hey I finally got my vmware version up and running and its been working great, now i need to know if there are any drivers for some of my hardware.

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT - Want a better res then 1024x768...is it possible?

SB Audigy 4 [9C00] - want sound to work is it possible?

sound max on board - another sound card to work with

Internet - NVIDIA nForce network controller... I tried safari and went to google but the progress bar go like 1/6 of the way and froze

If i think of anything else ill post, thanks for the help in advance.

Hey I finally got my vmware version up and running and its been working great, now i need to know if there are any drivers for some of my hardware.

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT - Want a better res then 1024x768...is it possible?

SB Audigy 4 [9C00] - want sound to work is it possible?

sound max on board - another sound card to work with

Internet - NVIDIA nForce network controller... I tried safari and went to google but the progress bar go like 1/6 of the way and froze

If i think of anything else ill post, thanks for the help in advance.

1) Possible, try Natit v.02

2) Never gonna work with Mac OS X

3) Look for Device IDs and search the forum, onboard is the primary sound solution for most hackintoshes (even most real Macs AFAIK)

4) What nForce controller? Get DevIDs again and search the forum

There have been mixed results with users on AMD systems, and is unofficially supported only by the hacking/cracking community. Good luck with your rig!

mac drive wouldn't open up the vmware virtual disk unless I was doing it incorrect. Also I tried mounting an iso version of a cd with daemon tools but it didn't pop up unless i need to reboot for that to work.

Ah, I was under the impression you were running it native. Just recently woke up, kinda missed the word "vmware".

So to make things clearer:

1) Video resolution is dependent on default VMWare graphics capabilities

2) Try sound emulation options under VMWare

3) Try sound emulation options under VMWare

4) Shared/host-only emulation

You can make a shared folder that OS X should be able to access under Windows, you can then drop your stuff there and access it in VMWare. Or you can try host-only networking to connect your VM to your host OS.

Sorry for the mixup, I'm only human with very poor vision :(

lol no problemo, that makes things easier ill give them a try. Not 100% familiar with vmware so i might need a bit more help but ill post back.

OK I added my sound card to the emulation don't know if it works or not yet haven't tested it been trying to figure out the other things. Is there a way to make the resolution like 800x600 so it fits into a window without scroll bars...my current xp res is 1440x900?

Edit #3: Well im offically connected to the net, had to switch the internet to nat in vmware. But any help with the resolution would be great...1024x768 looks bad in full screen and is too big in window :(