os x86 video card recommendations

3 posts in this topic

i need some ideas for a good video card for os x86 10.4.8 that will work good and wont require too much hacking to make fully functional. I have a crappy x600 128mb that i cant get qe or ci enabled and i cant run my video editing programs without it, plus since im stickin with this os i miswell make a upgrade now.

im looking at spending 200-400$ but want to get something that is the best deal. say a 250$ card thats a really good deal instead of a 350 that isnt worth that extra 100$

pci-E card,

i dont play games very much but do alot of video card intensive stuff like using discreet combustion and after effects

i need some ideas for a good video card for os x86 10.4.8 that will work good and wont require too much hacking to make fully functional. I have a crappy x600 128mb that i cant get qe or ci enabled and i cant run my video editing programs without it, plus since im stickin with this os i miswell make a upgrade now.

im looking at spending 200-400$ but want to get something that is the best deal. say a 250$ card thats a really good deal instead of a 350 that isnt worth that extra 100$

pci-E card,

i dont play games very much but do alot of video card intensive stuff like using discreet combustion and after effects

Someone got a 7300GT fully working on 10.4.8

I use ATI Radeon X1600pro on a 10.4.7 without any problems at all. I have problems on 10.4.9 but these where mostly games related. The odd thing is that i build a similar system as mine for a friend (same spec Radeon X1600pro videocard but different brand) and yet he hasn't got the problems in 10.4.9 that i had.

Try the wiki but I think Radeon X19x0-series is a good bet with 10.4.9 and some NVidia cards seem to work perfect (like the mention low-end 7300GT)

Cheers

• 8 months later...