Higher Resolution.... IT CAN BE DONE - LOOK WITHIN!

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have 10.4.8 on my Averatec 2260 laptop and the only resolution it displays is 1024 x 768 and its driving me nuts. I am pretty sure that there is no driver for my graphics card (Via/S3 DeltaChrome IGP) and would like to know if it is possible to obtain higher resolutions another way.

Thanks to all!

Basic Hardware:

Averatec 2260

Turion 64 @ 1.8 ghz

1 GB RAM

80 GB Hard Drive

Okay, I was able to do it and here is how.

Well, First I tried switchResX to achieve my 1280 x 800 Resolution but with no luck.

Here is what worked:

Open Terminal and type this:

sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

Next I added these two lines:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x60</string>

Please, use your common sense. Put the resolution you want in the <string> tag and place it in the correct area. I put mine at the bottom of the other <key>/<string> tag sets.

NOTE: I found this solution in an article, I just lost the article location when I booted to OS X.

Hope this helps everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
sudo pico /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

Next I added these two lines:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x800x60</string>

I did something similar and it worked on my Acer Travelmate 6000.

I used to have this very small resolution of 1024 by something ... and now I can have any resolution I want.

You just have to make sure your hardware supports the resolution that you choose.

I downloaded a little program called "Plist edit pro" and edited the com.apple.Boot.plist file in the same way klittl01 did. (first I checked in crappy old windows what resolution my screen could handle)

I set mine to 1280x1024x32. works fine and no need for messing around with the terminal.