ASUS P5W DH - NTFS Drive won't mount?

Clayman

12 posts in this topic

Hey there,

That's an annoying problem. I never had that before and I didn't change a thing on my system, so I dunno why that'd happen. The problem is this:

I have 3 HDs:

1) Windows C NTFS: 30gigs

-- Windows D NTFS: 170gigs

2) STORAGE (HFS+): 300gigs

3) Macintosh HD: 230gigs

Now, since a few days, OSX just won't mount Windows D: anymore. I dunno why, it used to work on this installation, everything was fine, but it just won't mount the drive. In the DiskUtility, I see the 1st HD and the Windows C: partition, but the Windows D: is named disk0s5 and it says that the disk is not mounted.

Now, I'm not that proficient with OSX - how the heck do I mount the drive? Glad for every help I can get, I tried to search the board here, but didn't find the answer to this issue.

I just did a Scandisk and it found some bad clusters, but no, OSX still won't mount the NTFS Drive, which sucks.

I used PerfectDisk to defragment D:, maybe it did something quite stupid. I'll check that later on, don't have the time right now.

I'd be happy if you guy have any more tips, cause I really wouldn't know how to solve this problem.

no, bad clusters is most definitely a physical drive problem. Like i said earlier, it is a commonly seen issue that os x will not mount corrupted ntfs drives until they are repaired, so it is not at all surprising that the drive is detected and not mounted.

you can check smart status in disk utility, click on the physical drive in the list and check it's properties.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...