Whoops!

patato

3 posts in this topic

I have a Dell Insprion E1705 with Core Duo (1.66ghz), Broadcomm WI-FI and Ethernet, and that pesky x1400 on a TrueLife display,Acronis OS Selector managing my dual boot, all on a Jas Combo updated from 10.04.8 to 10.04.9.It was working, but it had the problems that plague the Dell laptops (like no QE/CL,no sound). So I began to patch.Because I could not for the life of me to get Airport to work("cannot commutate with Airport card"), I wanted to get that durn Ethernet controller working.. I applied the .kext from devilhood's thread and applied the hack for the x1400 (from his thread as well). Being my first time at this sort of thing, I must've entered the wrong hex data or something to that because after a restart, everything was going well until Darwin tried to initatate the network card...and all hell broke loose. The screen started flashing.I can't really describe the flashing. It's like static, but it's like artifacting as well. I'll try to upload a pic of it. And there was a error message as well. Something about "cannot load something to do with mifki's kernel", which is strange, as I am running the Semtex kernel w/SSE3.

I'm tired right now so I can't really post much.

So, anyone got anything for me?

Just a FYI, but after going up to 10.04.9, the clock speed changed to 2ghz. 10.04.8 detected my CPU as a 1.66ghz.

Thanks.

I have an inspiron 2200 (pentium M 1.55ghz SSE2) running 10.4.8 with the 8.8.1 kernel, and I was able to get QE/CI and wireless working. sound worked naitively.

to get wireless working, I used my IONetworkingfamily.kext from 10.4.7 and installed the "Wireless Solutions" installer from my 10.4.7 DVD. It installed the IO80211Family.kext I needed. to get wireless to work I had to add in a line to the info.plist file of the appleairportbrcm4311.kext file inside the "plugins" folder of the IO80211Family.kext

This line was "<string>pci14e4,4318</string>"

Theres a few other lines like it, you will see where to put it.

As for QE/CI, Im not sure how I got it to work honestly. I installed the 10.4.7 GMA900 support, but that only gave me a kernel panic. (I had QE/CI native with 10.4.7) So, I replaced my backed up extensions folder, and low and behold, I had QE/CI.

Hope that helps.

I had a problem with sound a LONG time ago (when I first installed 10.4.7) but I cant remember how I fixed it.

I have an inspiron 2200 (pentium M 1.55ghz SSE2) running 10.4.8 with the 8.8.1 kernel, and I was able to get QE/CI and wireless working. sound worked naitively.

to get wireless working, I used my IONetworkingfamily.kext from 10.4.7 and installed the "Wireless Solutions" installer from my 10.4.7 DVD. It installed the IO80211Family.kext I needed. to get wireless to work I had to add in a line to the info.plist file of the appleairportbrcm4311.kext file inside the "plugins" folder of the IO80211Family.kext

This line was "<string>pci14e4,4318</string>"

Theres a few other lines like it, you will see where to put it.

As for QE/CI, Im not sure how I got it to work honestly. I installed the 10.4.7 GMA900 support, but that only gave me a kernel panic. (I had QE/CI native with 10.4.7) So, I replaced my backed up extensions folder, and low and behold, I had QE/CI.

Hope that helps.

I had a problem with sound a LONG time ago (when I first installed 10.4.7) but I cant remember how I fixed it.

Thank you for your reply However, I have a e1705, with a x1400, (the GMA950 pisses me off) and I can't go into OS X,as Darwin locks up when it tries to load my ethernet card. Sorry if people didn't understand that; I was in a state of panic. But much thanks to you anyway, I'll try those out after I get OS X to boot.

BTW, this is the error. You can see some of the "flashing screen" there.

post-103264-1177626805_thumb.jpg