Modded Sleepless for 10.4.3

Zero

6 posts in this topic

The Insomnia.kext that built-in the Sleepless UB which can be downloaded from their site is not usable on 10.4.3. There is a kernel dependency problem if you tried to load it to kernel.

To solve this problem, I compiled a new Insomnia.kext on 10.4.3 with new XCode which can be installed from 10.4.3 DTK DVD, and copied the new kext to replace the original one in Sleepless.

If you want to let your notebook keep running with the cover lid closed in OSX 10.4.3, try to use the modded Sleepless!

Sleepless.tar.gz

I tried this and it stopped my system from crashing when I close the lid. But it killed the network connection only way to fix it was a reboot. It's still shutting down my drives even though I had it set to no sleep. This never worked in 10.4.1 for me also.

I tried this and it stopped my system from crashing when I close the lid. But it killed the network connection only way to fix it was a reboot. It's still shutting down my drives even though I had it set to no sleep. This never worked in 10.4.1 for me also.

hmm just a wild guess:

the com.apple.boot.plist overrides the graphic settings, we used this a lot to get higher resolutions, right?

Ok, in the same folder is a com.apple.powermanagement.plist. We could try to set it to 0 or to -1 or simply delete the whole key. Has anyone tried this yet?

• 2 weeks later...

give it a try and report back. BTW my laptop in 10.4.3 8f1111a goes to sleepon closing the lid. but if i let it stay closed for 5 mins the kernel panics. Ne idea why

Works great for me under 8f1099 (P4M SSE2 Radeon Mobility 7500). I use it to prevent the laptop from sleeping when I close the lid, since it loses its network connection whenver it sleeps (requires a restart to regain it).