Performance Counters & USB HID

Darren Boon

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to mac and installed vista ultimate on my mac book. There are these two issues on the device manager which I can't solve.

What's Performance Counters - shown on Device Manager with error

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

Also for one of the USB Human Interface Device (Hardware Id: USB\VID_05AC&PID_8240&REV_0110 USB\VID_05AC&PID_8240)

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

Can someone help. Thanks in advance!!!

Really no solution? Also there's another problem that the battery icon on the taskbaar of Vista keep showing: (plugged on, not charging) even though nothing is plugged in.

Also even though I plugged in the earphones the speakers still on.

Need some help....... thanks!!

Okay I have gotten the built in mic and the speakers to work properly, but the problem is still the earphone jack. Still no sound and the red led is always on. The speakers also doesn't turn off when i plugged in earphones.

I have followed some instructions on other forum and tried which doesn't work. By the way I'm using a BLACK MacBook 13.3".

Any help would be much appreciated and still what's up with the Performance Counters and USB HID?

:(:(

By the way I'm using a BLACK MacBook 13.3".

Any help would be much appreciated and still what's up with the Performance Counters and USB HID?

Can't really help you out - but I have the same problem on a MBP running Vista. My guess would be, that these devices are somehow related to the missing power-saving features.... Maybe we are still missing some drivers here (or a better bios emulation) which causes Vista to not properly support power saving in the current bootcamp release!?