I screwed up!

macuser9214

8 posts in this topic

this might be the worse answer ever but if you remove the card your bios can't pick it up and then maybe........... osX might not try to install the wireless card.

i'd wait for a better answer, i'm sure there is some sort of safe mode that you could go in and delete that kext.

I was trying to make a wireless card work, but Now I can't boot. I went to "-v" and it stops right at the wireless card.

How do I stop a kext from loading at boot, just to get into the system?

update: When I try "-v -s" it tries to start the wireless card, and connect to a neighbors wireless (And I want it to connect to MINE!)

but then it says LINK DOWN

and turns off....

I found out HOW to delete kexts in single user mode, but it sounds like its trying to work. How do I make it connect to mine (with wep)? It wont boot until it does.

Found in another post:

sudo -s <----- To make sure you are root (just in case)

cd /System/Library

rm -rf Extensions.mkext

rm -rf Extensions.kextcache

cd Extensions

kextload [kextname] <----- To make sure the kext is found

rm -rf [kextname(s), separated by spaces if multiple]

reboot

That did not work.

So I'm stuck. I can't even remove it. I don't want to re install os x AGAIN! I tried like 5 times, before it works and then I screw it up.

please help, people.. PLEASE?!?!?

As stated above:

When I try "-v -s" it tries to start the wireless card, and connect to a neighbors wireless (And I want it to connect to MINE!)

but then it says LINK DOWN

and turns off....

Yes, but my question was if you have tried a reinstall by booting the DVD with the -v option (it works in my case with one of the latest Jas DVDs, which wouldn't boot otherwise).