com.apple.Boot.plist not found

2 posts in this topic

I removed my graphics card (ATI Radeon 9600xt) because I wanted to see if my motherboard's integrated graphics would suffice, without the mouse tearing that the ATI card has. I had osx86 working perfectly before, and it has been working for quite a while. I've reinstalled a few times, and every time it has worked. After removing the card and going to the integrated graphics, after the installation, (if the installation DVD is still in the computer) it would give me the message "com.apple.Boot.plist not found" and it would just stay there at that screen. If the DVD is not in the computer, the screen is blank with a blinking bar in the top left corner. I've tried reinstalling many times, each with the same result. I put the ATI card back in the computer, and it still gives me the error message, which really bothers me because it had worked fine with the ATI card. I've also reset the bios settings, with no result, and changed all the settings to what I had them at before. I've unplugged all other drives except for the main hard drive.

Does anyone have any idea why it is doing this all of a sudden?

It's really confusing because it was working perfectly before.

I also had it working once in the middle of all this. Ironically, I had edited the com.apple.Boot.plist file to change the resolution from 1024x768 to 1280x1024, and when I restarted the computer, it would just boot with lines of code, and then halt.

It's the JaS 10.4.8 dvd with the semthex 8.8.1 kernel.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

ECS P4M800PRO-M v2.2 motherboard

ATI Radeon 9600xt (integrated is ... SiS unichrome...?)

1GB DDR2 533

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I removed my graphics card (ATI Radeon 9600xt) because I wanted to see if my motherboard's integrated graphics would suffice, without the mouse tearing that the ATI card has. I had osx86 working perfectly before, and it has been working for quite a while. I've reinstalled a few times, and every time it has worked. After removing the card and going to the integrated graphics, after the installation, (if the installation DVD is still in the computer) it would give me the message "com.apple.Boot.plist not found" and it would just stay there at that screen. If the DVD is not in the computer, the screen is blank with a blinking bar in the top left corner. I've tried reinstalling many times, each with the same result. I put the ATI card back in the computer, and it still gives me the error message, which really bothers me because it had worked fine with the ATI card. I've also reset the bios settings, with no result, and changed all the settings to what I had them at before. I've unplugged all other drives except for the main hard drive.

Check your active parition. Before 3-4 days i have same probleme.