ECS P4M800Pro-M v2 with Intel Core 2 Duo E4300

2 posts in this topic

Does everything work on this board with Jas 10.4.8/10.4.9 - if not please list what is working and what not. I have read a lot of post in this forum and it sound like it's working for the most part but get mixed feedback on some things.

This is what I found so far.

* Onboard Lan/Network need to be fixed

* Don't care so much about SATA right now.

I read somewhere that the USB is broken after Jas 10.4.8 - is this true and is there a fix for it ?

I have a stable OSX86, considering this to get a Core 2 Due CPU but I don't want to break anything else that is working right now.

Any other feedback on this board is also welcome.Thanks so much.

Hi,

I had an i865 chipset (Asus P5PE-VM) P-ATA based machine running very stable OS X 10.4.6 with a Pentium D 925 (3.0GHz). Upgraded to an i945 (Asus P5L-VM 1394) P-ATA based machine with Intel Core 2 Duo e4300 and 10.4.6 will not boot ( and I don't think Darwin is recognizing SSE3 instructions for the C2D). The new machine runs 10.4.8 OK but I still cant get NIC (Netgear FA311) to work.

I'm going to check on the PCI support kexts next as IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.6 did not solve the problem.

Cyborg

***EDIT***

PCIFamily kext worked wonders. 10.4.8 + ASUS P5L-VM 1394 i945G + e4300 BSEL mod at 2.4~3.0GHz working great (still using USB audio due to laziness)!