Gui on 10.4.8 Jas & zd7000 with Geforce FX GO5600 is distorted

vinucon

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I just installed 10.4.8 Jas with SSE2 on my Hp Pavillion zd 7000 having a Geforce FX Go5600 graphics adapter. I have searching through the forums for some help to fix this problem.

The first time i boot i see a cream blank display. So second time i boot into single user mode and move the Natit.kext to disabled directory in the /Systems/Library/Extensions . This seem to allow me to boot in to the GUI but the GUI is extremely grainly and i am hardly able to see anything.

Do i follow some of the instructions given by RAMMJET and change the device for Geforce.Kext, NV30HAL.kext, NVDAResman.kext ?? or is there a easier way to install the macvidia drivers and get the GUI running

Thanks

vinucon

Welcome to the Nvidia Go non working cards club. I been trying to resolve this issue since about November. i've tried all combinations of Natit & Titan, display utility and Edid, without luck. I think the problem is getting a proper EDID from windows. All the EDID software I've tried gives {censored} information. Let me know how you get on.

Andy_bon

HP ZD7145 Go fx 5600

Hey Andy,

I tried the macvidia drivers 1.7 version and was able to get the display/GUI running. Any other nvidia drivers dont work. I further disabled Natit and titan.kext and was able to see 1.7 macvidia runnin properly.

Yet as i solved my GUI problem my broadcom 802.11B wifi dont seem to respond any additions of 14e4,4301 string in the AppleAirPort .... .kext file

Let me know if you were able to get wifi running on your ZD7000.

Thanks in advance.

Vinucon

I've always managed to get my wireless working using an old version of io80211family.kext (attached). I think its 10.4.3. follow the attached instructions, but DONT USE THE APPLEAIRPORT2.KEXT, just use the version that came with 10.4.8 or 10.4.9. Once you've installed io80211family.kext and rebooted, you should be able to see the wireless diamond. Do not update appleairport2.kext as you have to go through this again.

I'm currently using this on 10.4.9 and it also works on 10.4.9. Thanks for the tip on the GUI, have you managed to get QI QE working?

Apple_AirPort.zip

Andy .. i used the io80211Family.kext that you gave ... but i didnt get the wireless diamond after reboot.

Here are the steps i took

1) backed up my io80211family.kext and copied your io80211family.kext to my /system/library/extensions directory after entering root passwd.

2) ran in terminal the following

a) sudo -s

:) kextload /

3) Rebooted.

Now as per your instructions i should see the wireless icon .. which i am not seeing.

Can you state the exact steps you took while installing this kext. I have done my best to get my broadcom dev_id 1e4 , 4301 running on this install. It just doesnt show up.

============

Now more tips on the display ... i got my display working fine. What you really have to do is disable Natit.kext and move it to unused directory. Use the macvidia 1.7 version drivers, the 1.8 version drivers dont work for our card. But 1.7 version works just fine. Follow the instructions given and you should be all set with a decent GUI. I dont really have any clue abt QI/QC .. how do i know if i have them enabled. Let me know if you still have trouble with your display. i will post exact steps.

thank in advance for the wireless help

-vinucon

Vinucon

Further to my IO80211Family.kext, heres the install instructions.

Move IO80211Family.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/ (drag and drop via Finder).

Open Terminal. (Applications > Utilities > Terminal).

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

Reboot. You should now see the baseball diamond next to the Bluetooth and/or Speaker symbols.

Click it. Go through the network assistant and select AirPort (should be first option). Apply and close.

Click the baseball diamond again and select your wireless SSID (the nextwork's name).

WPA should be working. Enter your key (if you have one.)

Everything should work now!

Dont install the appleairport2.kext in my zip file, use one on install DVD.

Hope this helps

Andy_bon