Western Digital Mybook Series

Paranoid Marvin

7 posts in this topic

I am looking at getting one of the drives in the Western Digital Mybook series. I would like the FW800 Pro version, but I was wondering if it is much faster than the FW400 premium.

Is there anyone with these drives that could possible run a Xbench on it?

Thanks

I have the 320Gb MyBook Premium. Its really good (especially in terms of styling), but sometimes it has issues. Like it doesnt powerdown when you press the power button even when there is no activity (so you have to hold the powerbutton for 8 secs). Other than that its great. :(

I have the 320Gb MyBook Premium. Its really good (especially in terms of styling), but sometimes it has issues. Like it doesnt powerdown when you press the power button even when there is no activity (so you have to hold the powerbutton for 8 secs). Other than that its great. :2cents:

How is the performance?

Xbench on my internal drive is about 25 - which is pretty pants!

What sort of score does the premium get?

• 2 months later...

I have a Mybook 400GB..

Sometimes if shutdown incorrectly the drive will not respond to the firewire interface. This can be cured by connecting the driver via usb and then reconnecting via firewire. This seems to cure it no probs.. BTW it's full, so I need another DOH!

:gun:

• 1 month later...

I Have The 250GB Mybook Essential Edition and it's Great. But sometimes I have the same situation as Paranoid Marvin With The Power But it is no big deal.

P.S Saved Loads of cash buying it on Newegg.com

• 10 months later...

I just bought a 500 gig my book today. I love it..but it added 2 icons to my tool bar (I assume that is what it is called...the bar at the top with time and date) I don't want and I can't figure out how to remove them. One is about the hard drive and that is fine. The other is WD anywhere back up. I DO want that one gone since I'm not using that. Any idea on how to get it to leave? I erased the files to it that was on my macbook's hard drive... but no luck :(