intel chipsets, what does 945/975 offer over 915?

2 posts in this topic

I don't want onboard graphics. I do want sata2, audio, lan, usb, firewire, (basically everything) to work, out of the box.

As far as ox86 is concerned, and using a Pentium D, will a 975 m/b have much performance increase over a 945 m/b? 945 over 915? Now what if I change that Pentium D to a Core 2? I don't think the 915 supports core2...

What chipsets do the mac mini's have? What about the Mac Pro's?

Thanks,

~S

I don't want onboard graphics. I do want sata2, audio, lan, usb, firewire, (basically everything) to work, out of the box.

As far as ox86 is concerned, and using a Pentium D, will a 975 m/b have much performance increase over a 945 m/b? 945 over 915? Now what if I change that Pentium D to a Core 2? I don't think the 915 supports core2...

What chipsets do the mac mini's have? What about the Mac Pro's?

Thanks,

~S

we in the same boat.... but since no one will likely answer you just like they didn't to me.... I'll answer a bit;).... apparently 945 has a better built in video card then 915..... or something like that..... as for 957 dunno....

it appears to be fairly difficult to get a strait forward answer when it comes to what is best to go with, but its understood..... me I was told once that 945 is best bet though:P by one of the few who answered:P